2. Professional Assessor Membership
Affiliate membership DOES NOT confer eligibility to cite ADSHE as your professional body on the DSA QAG Non Medical Helper Provider – Registration.
Professional assessor membership (£50 per annum) entitles you to:
Voting and attendance rights at meetings.
To be listed on the ADSHE Register of Professional SpLD Assessors*
Membership of ADSHE Jiscmail and specialist Jiscmail discussion groups – eg Assessor
Membership of an ADSHE Regional Group.
Discounted fees on annual ADSHE Conference and CPD Days.
You are eligible to be a Professional Assessor Member if you:
are a qualified specialist assessor working with students in Higher Education holding a current Practising Certificate (APC) through the British Dyslexia Association, Dyslexia Action or PATOSS or an Educational Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
are engaging in regular continuing professional development through your professional body (British Dyslexia Association, Dyslexia Action or PATOSS).
How to apply:
Complete the membership form.
- Provide either your:
- Practising Certificate (APC) number or;
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Certificate number.
- Provide one professional reference/testimonial [template]. The testimonial should include the name and contact details of the person writing the testimonial, how long you have been known to the referee, in what capacity and a statement endorsing your application for membership.
- ADSHE would encourage freelance assessors to apply for DBS and send a copy to ADSHE when in receipt.
- Email these documents as attachments to email@example.com
Pay the fee of £50 on receipt of an invoice.
Payment terms – Payments are per annum. Payments should be made within 28 days of receipt of invoice. Payment is through BACS (bank transfer) only.