1. Professional (QA) Tutor Membership
Professional QA Tutor membership (£65 per annum) entitles you to:
Cite ADSHE as your professional body on the DSA QAG Non Medical Helper Provider – Registration.
Be listed on the ADSHE Register of Professional Quality Assured Practitioners.
Voting and attendance rights at meetings.
Membership of ADSHE specialist Jiscmail groups – eg Freelance tutors.
Membership of an ADSHE Regional Group.
Discounted fees on annual ADSHE Conference and CPD Days.
You are eligible to be a Professional Tutor Member if you are a qualified SpLD teacher/tutor working in a 1:1 tutorial/assessment support capacity with SpLD* students and provide evidence of the following qualifications
- OCR Level 5
- specialist postgraduate certificate
- ATS or OCR level 7
- Specialist Postgraduate diploma or Masters
- AMBDA (with or without FEHE) AMBDA does not need to be “active”.
You must agree and abide by the Code of Ethics and support the ADSHE 7 Principles of 1:1 specialist support (page 10 & 11) and be engaging in regular continuing professional development, and a recognised form of Professional Peer Supervision (PPS) and keep a log of this evidence [see handbook for details].
How to apply:
Complete the membership form.
- Scan copies of your specialist SpLD teaching qualifications. (If you are an existing member and your certificates cannot be located, the ADSHE administrator will request a scanned copy in order to complete your application). Please send them to email@example.com.
- Provide one professional reference or testimonial. The testimonial should include the name and contact details of the person writing the testimonial, how long you have been known to the referee, in what capacity and a statement endorsing your application for membership.
- If you are also a freelance tutor, you must provide a copy of your Professional Indemnity insurance. (Freelance Professional Tutor members can only have their contact details listed on the Register of Professional Quality Assured SpLD Practitioners once a copy of Indemnity Insurance has been received).
ADSHE has negotiated competitive rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance with the option to add Public Liability and content/equipment cover. Please see http://adshe.org.uk/about-adshe/indemnity/ for more details.
- ADSHE would encourage freelance tutors to apply for DBS and send a copy to ADSHE when in receipt.
- Email these documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment terms – Payments are per annum. Payments should be made within 28 days of receipt of invoice. Payment is through BACS (bank transfer) only.