Professional QA Tutor Membership Portfolio Renewal
Renewal of Professional QA Tutor Membership Portfolio is due every three years.
Please note: If you have joined only just joined ADSHE you must submit your QA Portfolio containing one year’s CPD before your first year’s membership renewal date.
Please ensure you read the Professional QA Tutor Membership handbook in full. This offers a detailed explanation of the renewal process including CPD and PPS requirements
Summary of the process for Professional QA Tutor Membership Portfolio renewal
Your Portfolio includes your Front Sheet; CPD log; Professional Peer Supervision (PPS) logs and the Self-audit Tool in one electronic document. In addition, you should scan and email copies of your CPD evidence (e.g. CPD Certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org (For converting, merging and compressing image files into one PDF document we suggest using https://smallpdf.com/ )
CPD Requirements :
- Evidence of 10 hours CPD each year including attendance at appropriate conferences/training events which cover topics relevant to tuition at HE level and further the individual’s understanding of the nature of specific learning difficulties.
This comprises :
- at least 5 hours at appropriate conferences/training events provided by the following professional bodies: ADSHE, BDA, Dyslexia Action, PATOSS.
- Relevant CPD provided by ADSHE consists of: two CPD Days [ one in the north, one in the south], the annual Conference, or a QA-Team-certified Regional Group Meeting**
- 3 hours per year of Professional Peer Supervision (PPS) – the recommendation is one PPS session per term. Note: up to 3 PPS hours count towards your annual CPD.
- up to 2 hours of CPD relevant to your work context
- Completion of ADSHE’s self-audit tool
These CPD hours need to be electronically logged annually, and will be verified by ADSHE.
These 10 hours of annual CPD need to be updated before your membership renewal date each year.
These annual CPD hours form part of your ADSHE QA Portfolio submission due at the end of 3 years.
**For portfolio renewals ADSHE will accept confirmed attendance at a non-certificated ADSHE regional event towards the 5 hours of CPD from a professional body until 31st of March 2017. From this date forward, certificates will be issued by ADSHE for certificated regional events to assist members with providing evidence of CPD