An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate, enthusiastic individual to undertake a significant and rewarding role within the Occupational Therapy/Education Department at the Millfields Unit, Hackney. The successful candidate will join an award-winning East London Personality Disorder Service which treats offenders with Personality Disorder using a Therapeutic Community model.
We are looking to recruit a Education Teacher/Vocational Development Support (Band 5 Technical Instructor, part time 22.5 hours) who can contribute to the Therapeutic Community by:
1. Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of the Education
Service in response to identified needs of patients within the P D Service.
2. Planning and develop the provision, delivery and evaluation of the
education service for the PD service
3. Developing a working partnership with external educational services and other
relevant agencies to ensure patient access to community based adult education
and vocational training, acting as a referral agent and liaise with the clinical team
and relevant external services regarding risk and disclosure issues.
4. Supporting the service in implementing a Vocational strategy.
5. Contributing to the therapeutic community via attendance at some
aspects of the programme.
The successful applicant will be able to develop, plan and implement a diverse educational programme including ICT, Numeracy, Literacy and ESOL, as well as attend Therapeutic community-related meetings and ward round as appropriate.
Please note, the salary range is for FTE and actual salary will be pro rata of said range.
For more information, please click the button below – closing date is 27th November