OPPORTUNITY TO PARTNER WITH THE ADULT DYSLEXIA CENTRE
About the charity: The Adult Dyslexia Centre is a charity that has been supporting dyslexic adults in the Thames Valley since 2003 from its base in Maidenhead, Berkshire. We support dyslexic adults by advising, developing skills and confidence, thus connecting them to further opportunities. For more information visit our website (www.ADC.org.uk).
The Adult Dyslexia Centre (Thames Valley) wishes to expand its network of Dyslexia professionals. As a charity we are a Local Dyslexia Association affiliated to the BDA. We work in partnership with a number of self-employed contractors who provide our front-line services. We would like to meet professionals who want to provide a range of services for dyslexic people including some of the following:
• A Full Diagnostic Assessment Service from ages 7+ to adults in the workplace or for DSA applications,
• dyslexia screening services (online and face-to-face),
• Dyslexia Awareness Training for organisations,
• Information, Advice and Guidance for adults with an existing dyslexia/SpLD diagnosis,
• English for Dyslexic Adults classes onsite or blended learning (non-accredited and including employability skills),
• 121 tuition for adults with Basic Skills needs,
• Online courses for parents of children with dyslexia.
We are seeking a dyslexia professional to join the Board of Trustees. The trustees are responsible for what the charity does and how it spends its money. They ensure both are directed towards the stated objectives of the charity. We currently have a Board of seven trustees with varying personal experience of dyslexia and we feel the board would greatly benefit from the addition of a trustee with professional experience of teaching dyslexic people.
Trustees may work as volunteers, but they cannot provide paid services or benefit from the charity in any other way.
For more information about these exciting opportunities, please click here