Specialist Assessor and Study Skills Tutor (SpLD)
Location: Bradford College, West Yorkshire, BD7 1AY
Salary: £30,174 – £36,013
Closing date: 12 October 2021
The post holder will work with both FE and HE students within the department of SEND and ALS. They will deliver academic support to HE students funded through the Disabled Students Allowance ensuring a high quality service is provided and accurate records are maintained in line with audit requirements. They will also carry out specialist assessment for FE exam access arrangements in line with published JCQ guidelines.
They will support the wider work of the department through their assessment work supporting colleagues with applications for Education Health and Care Assessments and for Disabled Students Allowances.
The key elements of the role are detailed below:
- The post holder will be qualified to carry out assessments in line with JCQ guidelines for Exam Access Arrangements.
- Qualified to support HE students assessed as requiring one or more of the following DSA-funded roles: Specialist Study Skills Tutor or Specialist Support Professional.
- Works with students with a range of range of additional needs (SpLD incl. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia).
- Assists with all study-related strategy building, encompassing reading, writing, note-taking, planning, organisation, revision etc.
- Ensures the student is accessing and understanding the course material to a good standard and assists with reinforcement of course material should the student need reiteration and bolstering of ideas
- Signposts the student towards other practitioners involved in the student’s support network where relevant
- Has a good working knowledge of assistive technologies and related strategies
- Provides training to teaching and support staff working with students with a range of additional needs.
See the Full Job Description link here for full details including the personal specification.