Terms and Conditions – Updated 02/21
These terms and conditions set out the basis on which can use our website, forums, and place orders for training and events. It also covers terms and conditions of membership.
ADSHE – company number 10716808 (hereon referred to as ADSHE).
1.0 Member Responsibility
- Members are responsible for ensuring the payment of all membership costs even if the fees are paid for by a third party.
- Members are responsible for ensuring their personal data is current.
- Members are responsible for ensuring they adhere to ADSHE’s Code of Ethics.
- QA Professional members are responsible for maintaining their QA portfolio, and submitting it in a timely manner, when requested.
2.0 Payment Information
All payments must be made in Pounds Sterling (GBP). Please note: we reserve the right to withdraw membership and membership grading until all fees have been paid in full and 1.0 above has been met. Membership fees must be paid for in a timely manner. ADSHE reserves the right to withdraw membership if fees are not paid, and to apply additional admin fees if necessary. Please note that extra support on completing your portfolio may require an additional payment, for which you will be notified in advance.
3.0 Membership Cancellation
- You may cancel your membership within 14 days of paying the membership fee and a full refund minus an administration fee.
- Cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full or partial refunds are not given for cancellations during your annual membership period.
- Standing Order payers should give at least 10 working days’ notice before the membership renewal date by informing your bank.
- ADSHE reserves the right to cancel any membership and will not refund any monies.
4.0 ADSHE Code of Ethics
See 1.0 above. This outlines the professional conduct and behaviours expected of all members whatever their grade of membership. It encourages and supports all members to improve and maintain their professional practice and to abide by the rules and regulations of their work place setting. It is not intended to replace more general codes of ethics to which those employed in the fields of education, guidance and training may be subject.
5.0 Use of ADSHE’s Jiscmail forum
- We want ADSHE’s forums to be a welcoming, friendly and inclusive site where individuals can learn and share best practice in relation to supporting those with Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs). The discussion forums provided are intended for the exchange of news, information and views about SpLDs and the support of neurodiverse individuals specifically in relation to the content of the modules offered on this site.
- Whilst we encourage discussion around this subject, we expect users to show respect and sensitivity to the beliefs, views and experiences of all users.
- By using the forums users agree to abide by the Terms as laid out below.
- Any concerns and or comments should be sent directly to: email@example.com
- Keep comments relevant to the discussion topic.
- Do not impersonate other forum members or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- Do not submit comments that contain personal information relating to either yourself or any other person.
- Do not submit defamatory comments (comments that are untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).
- Do not condone illegal activity or incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Do not submit comments that could prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings (contempt of court) or break a court injunction.
- Do not submit comments containing someone else’s copyrighted material.
- Do not submit comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristic.
- Do not swear or use language that could offend other forum participants.
- Do not advertise or promote products or services.
- Do not spam or flood the forum. Only submit a comment once. Do not resubmit the same, or similar, comments. Keep the number of comments submitted on a topic to a reasonable level. Multiple comments from the same individual, or a small number of individuals, may discourage others from contributing.
- Do not upload files or post anything containing malicious code, viruses, corrupted files or other similar harmful programs or material that may damage the operation of the ADSHE’s or any other party’s computer.
The user acknowledges that the forums are for subject-related discussion among members, and are not intended for direct communication with the ADSHE. Any direct questions or queries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.2 Moderation of aforementioned forums
- ADSHE does not wish to censor or control opinions, but will ensure that the rules of the site are respected. The moderators’ decision is final. We reserve the right to delete, edit, or move any content at our discretion.
- Moderation of these forums takes place after material has been posted. At this time it is decided whether posted content it is suitable to remain.
- Please be aware that other users may post inappropriate material. If you discover any content on the forums which you consider breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, or is otherwise unacceptable, you should notify ADSHE immediately at email@example.com Please be aware that ADSHE may not be able to remove or edit messages immediately or at all.
- ADSHE reserve the right in their absolute discretion to edit, alter, delete or move any material posted on the site. We may at any time, and without prior or post warning, close threads on forums as we consider appropriate.
- ADSHE has the right to suspend or delete an account without prior notice or reason, and the decision to remove or ban an individual from using the forums is final.
- ADSHE is not obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the moderation of content on the forums.
- ADSHE cannot be held responsible for any of the information posted on the forums. We are not the author or publisher of any such information.
- Any opinions expressed are the opinions of the users of the forum, and do not represent any advice or opinions of ADSHE, its management or its associates.
- Any recommendation or other information within the discussion forums is followed by the user at their own risk. We do not warrant the accuracy of the information posted on it in any respect. ADSHE is not responsible for and gives no endorsement of such material.
- ADSHE is not responsible for the content of external websites. Links to external sites should not be taken as an endorsement of their content.
- In ADSHE’s attempt to ensure our forum content is up to date, and does not contain old and/or out date information/guidance, ADSHE reserves the right to periodically delete outdated forum posts.
6.0 ADSHE logo
It distinguishes our members and assures people that you adhere to our Code of Ethics (see 1.0 above). The logo is a benefit for fee-paying, current members and we reserve the right to direct you to take down and cease to use our logo and for us to determine whether our logo has been misused. The logo does not imply that we have approved of an individual, group, process or product used for sales, advertising or other promotional efforts; that any statements made by you are true or accurate; anything else beyond identifying you as a member of ADSHE.
7.0 Courses, Training and Events
7.1 Your order
All orders and request to attend an event or course are accepted at our discretion, ADSHE reserves the right to cancel an order or withdraw withdraw a delegate from an event or course where deemed necessary and for any reason. Your order is accepted and a contract is formed when your order is dispatched or when you are enrolled in a course or event. When placing an online order, on-line payment will be taken at point of checkout, all orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment provider. You will receive acknowledgement of your order by e-mail. If your order is not accepted you will be notified and your card will be refunded in full. Orders are subject to availability. ADSHE bears no responsibility for any loss incurred in withdrawing a delegate from a course or event, regardless of circumstance.
Every effort is made to ensure the prices shown are accurate, however in the unlikely event that an error occurs, we will contact you as soon as possible. You will then be given the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling.
ADSHE reserves the right to change the prices without notice. All prices shown replace any previously listed.
Discounts are run from time to time and for a limited period only and cannot be combined with other discount schemes unless advised.
7.4 Changes to Terms and Conditions and Website
ADSHE reserves the right to make changes to their Terms and Conditions and their website. By placing an order on the website, you accept ADSHE’s Terms and Conditions and will be subject to those in force at the time of your order. If for any reason any of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition shall not be affected.
Unless otherwise specified, the paid-for resources and materials are for your personal and educational use. You may not modify copy, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software and products obtained from ADSHE.
7.6 Force Majeure
ADSHE will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to deliver goods which is a result of circumstances beyond our control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
7.7 Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement is governed by English Law. Any dispute or claim in respect of your order will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
8.0 ADSHE Conferences
- see 7.0 above
- workshops may be subject to alteration depending on delegate numbers/presenter availability.
- Sessions are allocated on a first-paid basis
- If you fail to sign in for your allocated session we are unable to award CPD for that portion of the day.
- Payment terms: 28 days – failure to pay within 28 days will result in your booking being cancelled.
- Bookings are non-transferable.
- Notification of all cancellations must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By booking a paid-for event, you are agreeing to pay for it.
- Cancellations 4 weeks or more prior to the event – full refund.
- Cancellations between 4 and 2 weeks prior to the event – 50% refund.
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the event – No refund.
- Any refunds that are agreed, will be subject to a £20 administration charge
- ADSHE reserves the right to make changes to any event programme without prior notice, if necessary.
- If the event is cancelled by ADSHE on the advice of Public Health England (PHE) or the event venue, anyone who has bought a ticket will be offered a full refund.
- ADSHE bears no responsibility for any loss incurred for transport or accommodation relating to the event, for any reason including Force Majure.
- Non Attendance: If you do not attend on the day, you will not receive a refund
8.1 ADSHE Sponsorship
- Sponsor’s payment to be made in full 12 weeks prior to the event date.
- If an event is cancelled by ADSHE Ltd. monies shall be reimbursed in full but ADSHE Ltd. shall not be liable for any additional costs sponsor may have incurred.
- If sponsor cancels their involvement in an event 12-9 weeks prior to event, a full refund will be given but any additional costs the sponsor may have incurred will not be included.
- If sponsor cancels their involvement in an event 9-6 weeks prior to event, a 50% refund will be given but any additional costs the sponsor may have incurred will not be included.
- If sponsor cancels their involvement in an event up to 6 weeks prior to event, no refund will be given and any additional costs the sponsor may have incurred will not be refundable by ADSHE
9.0 Cancellation of your event/training by ADSHE
In the event that we have to cancel an event for whatever reason, we will endeavor to give delegates a minimum of 24-hours notice and to reschedule the course or arrange for delegates to attend on alternative days.
Please note that it is the delegate’s responsibility to provide ADSHE with an emergency contact number at which they will normally be available.
10.0 Access to the ADSHE/Digital Chalk Online CPD site
When you make a payment for an online course, you will need to give certain details, including your email address. This process is required so that your account and any associated future courses / modules etc can be registered accordingly.
- Existing Online CPD accounts: where a candidates email address matches an email address already in stored on the ADSHE/Digital Chalk Online CPD platform, we will associate any newly booked / registered course details with the account sharing the same email address.
- New Online CPD accounts: if the candidates email address does not match an existing ADSHE/Digital Chalk Online CPD accounts email address, (and or differs from any Online CPD account email address which may have been set up historically), a new Online CPD account will be created using the email address provided by at the time of booking.
10.1 Important notes:
- if you already have an existing ADSHE/Digital Chalk Online CPD account and you wish to associate a new module or course notes etc with the existing Online CPD account – it is important that you supply (at the time of booking) the email address currently associated with your existing Online CPD account. Thereafter, if you need us to merge any duplicate Online CPD accounts, this will result in the loss of any data / tasks already completed by the delegate, and will incur an admin fee payable by you before the merger.
- for system maintenance purposes, ADSHE will from time to time remove / purge any and all Online CPD accounts which have not been accessed for a period greater than 2 years.
10.2 Accessing your ADSHE/Digital Chalk Online CPD course(s)
- For ‘Online CPD’ specific modules: ADSHE aim to release these modules as soon as payment has been made by you and accepted by us. All Online CPD courses will be available for a period of 28 days from the date that it is first loaded to the candidates ADSHE Online CPD account. If you require access beyond this date you may pay for the course again, and you will receive access for a further 28 days. There is no limit to the amount of times you may do this, but the courses are provided for your own individual learning needs, and are not to be shared with anyone else. If ADSHE become aware of courses being shared by you, your access will be ended immediately, you will will not be reimbursed and you may not be able to purchase future courses.
- In the unlikely event that you need to cancel or change your booking, our policy is as follows:
- Changes to your booking: All changes and cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com
- Cancelling / Refunding your booking:
- Providing the module has not been released, ADSHE will aim to provide a refund, less an admin charge (for each overall booking).
- Conversely, in the event that a delegate can be seen to have already accessed/begun an Online CPD course, ADSHE is will be unable to provide any refund towards that course.
11.0 Accessing the ADSHE Level 5 course
- ADSHE aim to release these modules from the course start date in stages. The course will be available for a period of one year from the date course start date. If you require access beyond this date, you may make a request and, if accepted, there will be an additional admin charge.
- Please note: the course is provided for your own individual learning needs, and are not to be shared with anyone else. If ADSHE become aware of courses being shared by you, your access will be ended immediately, you will will not be reimbursed and you may not be able to purchase future course.
12.0 Cancellation for ADSHE Level 5 course;
- see 7.0 above
- Refunds for the ADSHE Level 5 course will be given solely at the discretion of the ADSHE and only under exceptional circumstances.
- Any refunds that are agreed, will be subject to an admin charge
- Please see the additional information booklet and Course Handbook for a timetable on refunds
14.0 Use of forums for the ADSHE Level 5 course and members’ Jiscmail forums
15.0 Supplementary information regarding user access to the ADSHE/Digital Chalk Online CPD site and Google Classroom
Course content / copyright
- The material on this website is copyrighted. No part of the material on this site may be copied, photocopied or reproduced in any form or by any means without the permission in writing from the ADSHE.
- Any references to trademarks, service marks, products, services or the work of others are acknowledged and referenced by the authors.
15.1 Third Party Content
- Every care has been taken to ensure that the content of third-party sites that are linked to from the ADSHE Online CPD site and Google Classroom is appropriate for the audience and purpose intended.
- The ADSHE is not responsible for the content of any third-party sites that are linked to from this website.
- Third party websites may change their content without warning.
15.2 Minimum System Requirements
- We recommend where possible that a desktop PC or laptop computer is used to access the learning materials on this site, although the site can be used with a mobile device if desired.
- Minimum system requirements to access the course content can be found here for Google Classroom and here for Digital Chalk
- Please note that web pages and content are not guaranteed to display in any other format.
- The ADSHE has no control over internet bandwidth or how the site interacts with mobile devices.
15.3 Site Maintenance
- The ADSHE Online CPD site is subject to regular backups and maintenance.
- In the event that any maintenance, routine or otherwise, is likely to disrupt access to online modules for a period longer than 24 hours, ADSHE will endeavour to inform all learners affected by this as soon as possible.
- In extreme cases where access to online modules are affected in the longer term, compensatory arrangements will be made accordingly as deemed necessary by ADSHE, and directly with those users who are affected.
Please note: 7-Principles® and Professional Peer Supervision® are Registered Trademarks of ADSHE