ADSHE is the only professional body that specifically and exclusively addresses the Higher Education context. Membership open to Specialist 1:1 Tutors, Assessors, Assistive Technology Trainers, Needs Assessors, managers and co-ordinators of disability services.
The following benefits are available to ADSHE members:
- Low membership fees
- Representation of the teaching and learning of neurodivergent students in HE at the highest level including DSSG, SASC, DSA-QAG, and the Department for Education
- Free-to-attend Regional Group meetings, many of which offer regular opportunities to gain ADSHE Accredited CPD as part of the membership fee
- Preferential member-only rates for public liability and professional indemnity insurance through Towergate Insurance
- Reduced member rates at the ADSHE Annual Conference and CPD Days South/North with opportunities for Professional Peer Supervision® and Assistive Technology surgeries
- Free discussion forums which are specifically HE-focused
- Free member-only resources on our website, and information relating to dyslexia including ADSHE’s 7-Principles® , Good Practice guidelines and Code of Ethics.
- QA Portfolio registered and marked for our Professional QA Tutor members, with free listing on the ADSHE website for DSA-funded work
- ADSHE Journal of Neurodiversity in Higher Education which covers issues for specialist academic support and formal assessment
- ADSHE is a recognised professional body, meeting the mandatory requirements of the DSA-QAG Audit Framework.
Please note: Professional Peer Supervision® and 7-Principles® are registered trademarks of ADSHE Ltd.